Alternative currency and balanced living system. Alternativna valuta i uravnoteženi životni sistem. Moneta alternativa e sistema di vita equilibrato.

Linija

Search

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fighting Corruption In India - The Zero Rupee Note
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fighting Corruption In India - The Zero Rupee Note

Fighting Corruption In India - The Zero Rupee Note 8 years, 3 months ago #2443

• tuper
  • Expert Boarder
Fighting Corruption In India - The Zero Rupee Note

The notes are identical to Indian banknotes, but carry the slogan "Eliminate corruption at all levels" and the pledge "I promise to neither accept not give bribe". Fifth Pillar believes the Zero Rupee note is a way for powerless people to make a stand. "The note is a way for any human being to say no to corruption without the fear of facing an encounter with persons in authority.

zero_rupe_note.jpg

Vijay Anand is a crusader against corruption; as a co-founder and president of 5th Pillar, Anand has sought to empower Indians in tackling corruption at all levels of Indian society.

The Zero Rupee Note project has been one of 5th Pillar’s most successful initiatives, distributing millions of zero-denomination notes as tangible tokens of bribery.

Anand has spoken at the UN’s Convention Against Corruption, services on the board of the National Federation of Indian-American Associations and is also the founder of AIMS India Foundation, dedicated to assisting rural communities with education and healthcare.

Find out more about Vijay’s work at the 5th Pillar website (PDF link) or catch his talk, Combating Corruption, from the Poptech 2010 conference.

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, but debt is the money of slaves.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds